Saturday, February 16, 2013

Practicing to Make A Spectacle

Practice

One day last week I sat and practiced some nail art ideas on fake nails. I got 500 nails from Amazon for under $3 woot. I figure it'd be a good way to practice a bunch without getting cruddly cuticles from taking off nail polish over and over all day. This sparkle nail was one of my favorites I made up that day so I recreated it last night.

Zooooom

Zooooom close-up so you can see the loveliness of this glitter. The base is two coats of trusty Wet 'n Wild Black Creme. I went to pick up dinner wearing Black Creme on every nail of my left hand and nothing at all on my right hand last night and the checkout lady complimented my nails. Uhhhh thanks? :)

I swiped one coat of China Glaze Rare & Radiant, a gold green holographic polish, along the right side of my nail. Then I used two coats of China Glaze Make A Spectacle on the left side. Make A Spectacle is so holographically beautiful! Teensy holo glitter and larger pink green gold teal orange shimmers of holographic hexagon glitter all over.

Make A Spectacle

I tried to take some photos inside and outside to show the color changes at every angle of both these polishes, but it's hard to capture.

Make a Spectacle

I returned a bummer of a polish to Sally Beauty and picked out Make A Spectacle on sale because it looked like a snow globe in the bottle. I thought it would be white glitter but it is so much better. I need to figure out a way to incorporate it into a Galaxy nail. These nails make me think of glittery beetles in space.

No comments:

Post a Comment